CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Soup for the soul!
Being sick STINKS - I have had a heck of a cold/flu mixture this month and boy did it kick my butt. I decided that I needed to make something delicious that my stomach could handle, my taste buds enjoyed, and warmed my body - AKA chicken soup!
My cozy, homey, stay-home-from-school soup! Below is my recipe, with a bit more umami flavor, and NO SOGGY NOODS!
1.5 cup of carrots, onions, celery, leeks
4 chicken thighs
Two containers of stock, chicken or vegetable
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 cup of water
Brown skinless chicken thighs in bottom of Dutch oven 3/4 min each side on medium
- Add chopped vegetable selection and let sautéed in the fat that the chicken let out
- Once bottom is deflazed and vegetables have softened but haven't browned
- Add all chicken stock & one cup of water
- Add soy sauce for a little extra umami flavor
- Bring to a simmer
- Add in bay leaves, thyme, Rosemary, Tarragon, cloves of garlic, lemon zest
- Once everything is simmering add in cooked chicken thighs and reduce heat to low - until chicken thighs are cooked so roughly 20 minutes but definitely depends on the thickness of chicken thighs
- Cover and simmer until chicken is done
- Remove chicken and tear it apart however you enjoy it in your soup, I like thicker chunks personally
- Separately, cook your noodles until right before al dente (they will continue to cook in the soup)
- Add in shredded chicken, noodles, and lemon zest, pink salt and fresh ground pepper to top it off!