Definitely one of America's most beloved desserts.
I will be honest when I was a child I only enjoyed CHEESECAKE when there was a crispy graham cracker crust - if it was soft, i'd send it back (yes I did & yes you can make fun of me) so of course when making my own I had to find the perfect recipe with the perfect crispy crust!
As I've mentioned before, I had an allergy test done two summers ago that confirmed my gluten, dairy & pineapple intolerances (MY FAVORITE FOODS, MIND YOU) so because of my tummy I decided to make these dairy free & gluten free! AND TASTY I PROMISE!
Seven Ingredient Vegan Gluten Free Dairy Free CHEESECAKES:
(Serves 12) (Prep time: 1.5 hours - not including freezing) (~Calories: 324, Carbs: 29g, Protein: 6g)
- One cup pitted dates
- One cup raw walnuts
- Toast in oven for five minutes on 350 until it has a bit of crunch
- (Optional) Three Fat By Nature Cinnamon Balls
- One and 1/2 cups of *quick soak raw cashews
- Quick Soak: Pour boiling hot water over raw cashews, let soak for one hour, drain and use as instructed
- 1/4 of a cup of freshly juiced lemon (roughly two lemons worth)
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (plus 2 tablespoons) full fat coconut milk
- Shake can very well to combine all of those good (for you) creamy fats
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup or local raw honey
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of wild blueberries
- Spray cupcake tin with coconut oil, place cupcake sleeves in the tin (make sure they are tall enough to pull finished product out)
- Crust: Add dates, walnuts (and optional Fat By Nature balls) to a food processor until it combines into a ball - remove this and set it aside (if too wet add more dates, if too dry add more walnut or flax meal)
- Scoop in one tablespoon of crust into the cupcake sleeves, press down with fingers to pack it in - compact it down!
- Set in freezer to firm it up
- Add all filling ingredients to blender and mix until very smooth
- if it isn't coming together add more lemon, honey, or coconut milk
- Once creamy add in the peanut butter and wild blueberries
- Fill all cupcake tins evenly, tap it to release air bubbles and then cover with plastic wrap or cellophane
- Place in freezer for 4-6 hours or until hard
- They store well for 1-2 weeks!
Honestly it was my first attempt at making these and they came out PERFECTLY! In addition my friends who DO NOT enjoy vegan, dairy or gluten free foods were eating seconds & thirds sooooo I think this is a top notch recipe - which is why i'm sharing it with all of you! I'd love to hear your feedback!!