Creamy, tangy, peppery goodness!
This delicious dish was introduced to me one evening, post college, by a close friend who wanted late night food when we didn't have much in the fridge. It is simple, delicious, creamy, tangy, peppery and all around satisfying.
Traditionally, this isn't a necessarily healthy dish, and IT'S OK! (aside from using Banza Chickpea pasta, Fourth and Kind Ghee & Majestic Garlic Super Garlic and Basil spread added in at the end - so yeah i guess it isn't UNhealthy but theres DEFINITELY parmesan in here)
- Half a container of Banza pasta
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan reggiano
- 1.5 tablespoon of Fourth & Kind Ghee
- 1 tablespoon of Majestic garlic Super Garlic & Basil spread
- 1.4 teaspoon of freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil, add in generous amount of salt (ya want it like the ocean)
- Cook pasta until right before al dente, save 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of pasta water (the starches allow the cheese and sauces to attach much better)
- Add 3/4ths of the Ghee in a pan over medium heat with the pepper until aromatic ~ 1 minute
- Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water to the pan with the ghee until simmering
- Add pasta and the remaining ghee
- Reduce heat to low and slowly add in cheese
- Stir and toss with tongs until coated
- Add in Majestic Garlic Super Garlic and Basil toss to coat
- If sauce is getting dry add more pasta water until pasta is coated with a creamy sauce
- Transfer to a bowl and VOILA!
Pasta is a comfort food, I love it morning, noon, night! Using these healthier alternatives definitely helps my gut and tummy feel better and less heavy, however you can still use this recipe with regular pasta!