GLUTEN FREE WAFFLES
I’M MAKING WAFFLES
Waffle Wednesday is my favorite kinda Wednesday
Truthfully I’ve gotten lazy when it comes to my mornings - when usually breakfast is my favorite meal! My appetite just hasn’t been what issued to in the mornings (I’m usually a bottomless pit when it comes to breakfast foods, i.e. Ron Swanson style) but lately I’ve been drinking smoothies and forgetting to nurture myself - TREAT YO SELF! So I'm treating myself to waffles, in bed, while watching Friends as I enjoy this GOODNESS - before work of course!
Cook & prep time 20 minutes!
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Small pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup of nut milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 gluten free rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour (or almond flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Optional Add ons (after waffles are made)
- Handful of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 Tblspoon of Coconut Kitchen Lemon Zest Coconut Butter
- Preheat waffle iron
- Combine nut milk and vinegar in a small bowl and let it activate
- Add in coconut oil, honey, and whisk
- Add dry ingredients into large mixing bowl & whisk
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until combined
- Taste batter for flavor!
- Coat waffle iron with nonstick coconut oil spray (because it cooks well at a high heat)
- Pour a little more than 1/4 cup (depending on the size of your waffle maker!!) onto waffle
- Cook according to waffle maker instructions
- Top the waffles with plenty of maple syrup, cinnamon, straws berries, lemon zest AND Lemon Zest Coconut Butter by @CoconutKitchen!
- VOILA! WAFFLE WEDNESDAY!
These waffles (not drenched in maple syrup) last for three weeks or so in the freezer!