From an infant I have been eating WATERMELON like there was no tomorrow - in Greece I learned at a young age how to pick the ripest WATERMELON with the juiciest "heart" (aka the very center thats gorgeous, red and sweet) - my yiayia (grandmother) and I would enjoy it on our porch in the village or by the beach as a snack.
I've incorporated WATERMELON into salads, cocktails & juices for as long as I can remember - so to start off this blog i'd like to provide you with the simplest of WATERMELON recipes!
WATERMELON Strawberry Mint Juice Mocktail:
(Serving size for 4)
- Four cups of freshly cut WATERMELON
- One cup of wild local strawberries
- Three fresh sprigs of fresh mint
- Two scoops of Collagen Peptides (my favorites linked here & here)
- Blend on high in blender (my Vitamix on sale linked here)
- Pour over ice (or already blended and frozen WATERMELON ice cubes)
- Add sprig of fresh mint or WATERMELON slice for garnish
- For alcoholic cocktail -
- Add 2 OZ of preferred liquor and shake
- Add a splash of La Croix Soda Water
Let me know what you think! Do you have any favorite juices or mocktails? I'd love to hear them!